Protect Your Password With VENZA
Protect Your Password with VENZA – Weak passwords are one of the largest threat vectors for cybersecurity. By choosing passwords that are easily guessed or quickly cracked, employees can place an entire company’s network at risk.
Unfortunately, despite awareness of this problem, weak passwords are still very common.
Consider the following:
- 30% of online users have experienced a data breach due to a weak password.
- The most common password is “123456”.
- 68% of people use the same password across multiple accounts.
- Almost half of all employees continue using business passwords after leaving a company.
One of the easiest defenses against password hacking is to meet complexity requirements. These ensure passwords are unique, hard to guess, and complicated enough to deter cracking.
The table below shows how even small increases in complexity can make credentials vastly more secure.
As shown, a few changes can take passwords from ones that are able to be guessed instantly to ones that are virtually uncrackable.
Here are some best practices to follow. VENZA recommends that passwords use:
- A minimum of twelve (12) characters.
- A combination of lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- No personal information.
- No part of the username.
- No overlap with other passwords used in or out of the workplace.
Additionally, it is important to change your password every ninety (90) days or when an event occurs that requires a password change.
By doing so, your password will be very secure. As the table above shows, a password meeting these requirements would take 34,000 years to brute force!
Want to Learn More?
VENZA can be your password experts. We offer security awareness training for employees, templates to create organizational password policies, data breach coverage, and other tools to build and maintain a company culture that promotes the best practices of password security.
Ready to elevate your game? Get in touch with us for a free consultation about how VENZA can help you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org